US voters urged to #MakeTheirVoiceCount in upcoming elections
Animals speak out in our US election-themed campaign calling for an end to animal testing in the US
Animals don’t speak our language, but that doesn’t mean they don’t have anything to say.
- End Animal Testing for Cosmetics – our SurveyUSA poll reveals that nearly 80% of US adults support a federal law to end animal testing for cosmetics. #HumaneCosmeticsActNow
- End Painful Outdated Tests – dogs and monkeys are often used in “second species toxicity tests” that do not help determine if chemicals and drugs are safe for people.
- Prioritize Humane Science - our SurveyUSA poll shows that an amazing 88% of Americans support a federal law requiring scientists to use non-animal methods wherever possible. #Hearts4HumaneScience
- Increase Investment in Non-Animal Methods - new human-relevant alternatives to animal tests promise to deliver safer and more effective medicines, more quickly and at less cost, but are dramatically underfunded.
- Send Survivors Home – ensure that taxpayer-funded laboratories allow animals such as dogs and cats to be sent to loving homes rather than killed when no longer wanted for experiments. #SendSurvivorsHome
Also make sure you’ve asked your US Representatives to become a cosponsor of the following three bills using our simple action tools. Humane Cosmetics Act
Companion Animal Release from Experiments [CARE] Act
Humane and Existing Alternatives in Research and Testing Sciences [HEARTS] Act